Delta State-based businessman in Warri, Kingsley Agbaire, have allegedly killed his business partner, he broke down as the deceased’s body was being exhumed on Wednesday and asked the victim’s ghost for forgiveness.
In a video Agbaire was seen crying as his business partner, identified as 51-year-old Lawrence Okoh, a Port Harcourt, Rivers State-based auto parts dealer, was been dug out by  security agents in a shallow grave where it was dumped in Warri.
In Agbaire words he said “Lawrence, forgive me o. It was the devil that pushed me into killing you.”
His plea to have his handcuffs loosened so that he could beg his victim was refused by the police for fear that he might escape.
Agbaire narrated that his business relationship with Okoh started few years ago when he was working in Lagos and dealing in auto parts.
“He used to bring parts to me which I supplied to companies. We have done business together before that amounted to N4m,” he said.
Their relationship was cordial till when Oko took some spare parts to Agbaire in Warri 0n 2 August 2016.
On August 3, after the delivery of goods worth about N1.6m, Agbaire and an accomplice allegedly went to pay a visit to the deceased house in Warri.
At the house, Agbaire and his accomplice smashed a bottle on his victim’s head and he died instantly with no resistant.
According to him, the deceased could not raise the alarm because he was weak.   Agbaire and his accomplice dragged the body of Oko to an uncompleted building beside the house and buried him.
 Agbaire said no one saw them when asked, but said that some children playing in the compound might have seen them.
“The children know me. I usually bought them biscuits anytime I came here,” he narrated.
 Agbaire pointed out where they buried the body and the security personnel went to work to dig Oko out in a shallow grave. They packed the remains into a white casket as grief stricken Agbaire shook his head sober.
He lamented that Oko did not do anything to him saying “it was the devil that pushed me into killing you.”                                                                                                                             
 Okoh’s wife, Nneka, reported him missing after many attempts to reach her husband on the phone failed.   
She called her husband’s line but was said to be switched off. When she and other members of the family contacted Agbaire too, he disconnected the calls.
Agbaire would later confess that he broke the deceased’s SIM cards at a point.
The police said they were contacted because of suspicion that something might have happened to the deceased.
Agbaire was finally tracked down and arrested by the police, he first said that the last time he saw Okoh was when he left his house in annoyance due to disagreement over the quality of the parts he supplied.
The police said after more than two weeks of investigation and failure of Agbaire to tell them the whereabouts of the deceased, he finally confessed to the police how they killed him.
He also claimed that his accomplice identified as Kennedy was the one who did the actual killing and had fled to Ghana.

The spokesperson for the Delta State Police Command, Celestina Kalu, who confirmed the story, said the police are still on the trail of the fleeing accomplice and that investigation was still ongoing on the case. She said Agbaire would be charged to court soon.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown


Post a Comment